Thursday, September 6, 2007

Introduction to Me

Welcome to my blog! This is the first time I've ever created a blog so hopefully this is the right idea. I'm originally from Long Island although I have lived in a variety of places, such as Australia, Brooklyn, and England and I'm now living in Manhattan. I completed my undergraduate studies at Bucknell University where I majored in Elementary Education. I'm a certified Elementary and Early Childhood teacher. Since graduating I substitute taught for a year in Australia then spent a year working at an early intervention autism program and doing home hours with some of the children with autism who attended the school. The past two years I have taught in a public school in Brooklyn. My first year I taught a first grade class and my second year I taught a third grade arts gifted class. Teaching a gifted class was a great experience, but my personal preference is still for the younger years. I am presently working towards my masters in Intellectual Disabilities and Autism and my personal focus is autism in early elementary years, as well as early intervention. As for what experience I bring to this class in terms of technology, my knowledge is limited. I have worked with computers and a little with smart boards in the regular education setting, and in the special education setting I have worked with students using electronic token boards and some mobility technology. I look forward to learning more about technology uses in the classroom.

No comments: